The Danish Knowledge Centre for Food Innovation called VIFU focuses on food, food development and food innovation. Within this line of business, we help to create growth and development by forming unconventional alliances and combining knowledge from research with experience from the food industry and thereby achieve results that everyone can benefit from.
VIFU’s vision is to be the preferred partner for producers, companies and institutions within and around the food sector in Denmark when it comes to development and growth.
Our mission in VIFU is to
- create growth and development through the establishment of networks across industries, research and educational institutions as well as through public and private collaboration.
- function as the unifying and coordinating factor for producers, companies and institutions within and around the food sector.
- increase the collaboration with other food related development initiatives.
- create a knowledge centre that has national recognition as well as international relations.
- increase the collaboration with higher education and research units for the purpose of attracting knowledge and in the long term to increase the level of education in Western Denmark.